TYPES OF ACCOMMODATION
We have apartments, studios, houses and villas of the following types:
- Studios: properties on one floor, no separate bedroom; the sitting room and bedroom are one space that often includes an open-plan kitchen. The bathroom is always separate.
- Apartments: properties on one floor with separate bedrooms that vary depending on the complex. The number of rooms and maximum occupancy is always specified.
- Houses and villas: similar to the apartments but they have two floors and direct access from the street.
The capacity and bed distribution are stated for each booking option either as a general rule or by the specific number of rooms in each apartment and the maximum occupancy of each or by a series of numbers (2/4, 2/6, 6/8, 2/6).
The first number states the number of rooms in the apartment and the second number the maximum number of people it can accommodate e.g.
- 2/4 apartment: the 2 indicates that it has a double room and the 4 that a maximum of 4 people can stay in the apartment (2 bed spaces in the bedroom and 2 bed spaces in the sitting room).
- 4/6 apartment: the 4 indicates that 4 people will sleep in 2 double rooms and that the apartment can accommodate a maximum of 6 people.
- 2/6 apartment: the 2 indicates that only 2 people will sleep in a bedroom and that the remaining 4 (of a maximum of 6) will sleep in the sitting room (on beds and sofa-beds)
All our accommodation types have sufficient beds for the maximum occupancy. These beds may be:
- Double bed
- Single bed
- Bunk beds
Sofa-beds will never be in a bedroom; apartments or studios with several beds in the sitting/dining room may have sofa-beds, bunk beds, single beds or a double bed in this room.
Customers may request a bed preference when booking but must remember that this cannot be confirmed until they check into the apartment; the number of bed spaces is guaranteed but not the type of bed.
The apartments have bedding for all guests who are included in the booking so it is very important that we know how many people are staying; the apartments are prepared according to occupancy and not capacity. If an apartment can accommodate up to 6 people but only 2 are stated in the booking, bedding for 2 people will be provided.
Mountain destinations also provide towels for number of customers included in the booking. Customers can hire towels at beach destinations.
The apartments do not include table linen or tea towels.
Apartments include a basic cleaning kit for one initial use; it usually contains a cleaning cloth, scourer and soap.
The apartments have cleaning equipment (mops and brooms) but not cleaning products (floor cleaner, bleach, etc.).
Apartments are cleaned before and after use but they must be handed back tidy and in the same condition as at check-in.
The apartments have kitchenware for the maximum occupancy of each property and will have at least the following for each person:
- Cutlery: knives, forks, spoons, teaspoons
- Tableware: plates and glasses
The following equipment is provided, according to capacity, for cooking:
- Frying pans
Some apartments may have additional kitchenware such as a coffee maker, toaster, washing machine or dishwasher. These are stated in the apartment characteristics.
All the apartments will have the following minimum equipment:
- Television: without specifying the type of television or available channels
- Oven: electric or microwave
- Stove: electric, gas or ceramic hobs
- Fridge: fridge-freezer or fridge with freezer section
If the apartment has air conditioning and does not have central heating, it will be heated by the air conditioning unit on the “heat” setting and there will be a supplementary charge.
In mountain destinations, heating will always be included in the apartment price.
In beach destinations, many of the apartments do not have heating due to the type of buildings in the area. The apartment description will specify if there is heating, but if you are unsure, please do not hesitate to ask.
A deposit of at least 25% of the total amount due is required to guarantee a booking. This amount will be charged when you make the booking or within the next 24 hours if payment is by bank transfer.
The remaining 75% is paid at reception when you check in.
This amount is separate from the various cancellation policies of each booking so that if the booking is cancelled before any expenses have been generated, the 25% deposit will be returned.
In general, the check-in/check-out times are as follows:
- Check-in: from 5 pm to 8 pm
- Check-out: before 10 am
If you wish to check in or out outside of these times, please tell the staff at your destination at least 24 hours in advance using the telephone number that is provided with your travel documents (after the booking is made).
Check-in and check-out outside of the scheduled times may have a supplementary charge.
All our apartments request a deposit when you check in; the deposit varies depending on dates and destinations, but its sole purpose is to guarantee appropriate use of the apartment. Each property will be checked at check-out to see if there are any damages; in the event that damages are found, payment shall be taken out of the deposit.
The deposit may be paid in cash or by a credit card authorisation.
Some of our accommodation offers are called VARIOS and do not have a specific address; these are a roulette offer and the booking confirms a specific apartment type within a specific area or town but not in a specific complex. The actual complex is confirmed when you check in. Customers can indicate their complex preference which will be taken into account whenever possible but cannot be confirmed.
Additional services exclusive to each apartment usually have a supplementary charge that is always paid at reception when you check in. The services that usually have a supplementary charge are:
- Air conditioning/heating
- Towel hire
- Extra cleaning
- Extra beds
Some apartments offer some of these services for free and this is stated in the description of each property.